Thursday, April 12, 2012

West High Down

 A grey morning with just 2 Clouded Drabs in the moth trap....sounds depressing, so things could only brighten up...


 And so it proved to be with a walk over West High Down first thing which came up trumps when I came across 3 male Redstarts. This is one of my favourite birds with all of its dramatic finery as it passes through on its way north. The one on the video was a bit flighty, so I couldn't get too close....but such beauty is worth a sequence.


6 cracking male Wheatears were feeding by the cliff edge, and 2 females were later seen in the short grass amongst the gorse bushes at the eastern end. 2 Peregrine Falcons were flying about, including this one which flew right past my eyeline at about 20 metres (before I had chance to get the camera trained on it!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment