Sunday, February 22, 2015

Culprit apprehended!


 Over the last few days I've been giving the garage a springclean. Again and again I came across evidence of the presence of Mice: seed spilling out of holes in their bags and various chewed items including a vileda mop, a beach tent casing and some jelly shoes! Yesterday this was all confirmed when I came across a nest, constructed primarily out of vileda mop, behind some wooden panels. Overnight I put down a couple of Longworth traps.....

One had been tripped this morning and, when I emptied it, I found that the culprit had been - as expected - a Wood Mouse, or Long-tailed Fieldmouse as it is sometimes called, one of our commenest small rodents. This video footage gives a close-up of this wonderful little animal. As you can see, I let it find its own way out of the aquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment