Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ampthill - dusk.

Having told Carole that, 'how I Exercise is as important as what I Eat when it comes to losing a bit of weight', I thought I'd better practice what I preach and went for a dusk walk around the Ampthill area.

Lots of Chafers were blundering about just above the tree-tops and a male Kestrel was catching them in mid-flight just a few metres away from where I was standing. The pitiful scream of a rabbit signalled its demise...almost certainly supper for one of the local stoats. A heron was calling close by.

I stopped off at a Badger sett that I'd discovered a few months ago to see if there was any sign of activity. Within a couple of minutes the familiar white blaze appeared as a large Badger left its home and trundled up the hill, returning about 10 minutes later.

There were lots of moths flying about as I made my way home. I've left the trap over The Firs Lower School this evening. Hopefully there'll be lots of exciting moths to show the children in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment