Saturday, January 12, 2013

A sunny day on the West Wight


 January 11th......and warm sunshine lighting up the island. With a very different forecast for the weekend, I decided to swap my day off from tomorrow and went for an invigorating walk along West High Down and, afterwards, the Western Yar Estuary.

My previous post illustrates the scene from the Needles viewpoint. Further round, alongside Alum Bay, I came across this Peregrine Falcon:


Walking back to the car along the West High Down fenceline, I came across an absolutely stunning Firecrest in the scrub alongside Warren Farm. I then stopped off briefly at the estuary where the over-wintering Greenshank allowed a much closer approach than usual:


Together with an emotional trip to see Les Mis this evening, it's really been quite an amazing day!

3 comments:

  1. Simply stunning images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent footage of that wonderful peregrine,Steve.
    Also first class photo of the Greenshank.
    Truly a beautiful day for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both....spring's on the way!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete