Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chains of command

In my last post I shared about leaving the trailcam in a spot with various bait to attract the local wildlife: peanuts, seeds, an apple and dogfood.


I thought that the hedgerow was thick enough to exclude the dogs during their daily constitutional...but this sequence demonstrates how wrong I was. The owner of the dog who ate the Winalot chicken probably wonders why he didn't eat his lunch! And I wonder what the owner of the dog who appeared out of the hedge with an apple thought! :-)


This is an interesting little sequence. It demonstrates who's boss. The Wood Mice clearly make way when Brown Rats turn up who, in turn, clear off when a Red Fox arrives on the scene! I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of information that I'm gaining about the various subjects of the trailcam!

2 comments:

  1. You don't really think that the dog would leave his lunch do you?! It does mean though that you are feeding the neighbourhood dogs as well as the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right, Toffeeapple...and I can't really afford to be feeding all the neighbourhood dogs!! :-) :-)
    Best wishes,
    Stephen.

    ReplyDelete